Lent (46 days of consecration before Easter) officially commenced this week. This is a period when some people fast from beef. Hence a tasty shrimp recipe to ward off beef cravings. There are so many different flavors and combination you can make with shrimp. They cook very fast and are also a tasty low calorie protein. Hope you enjoy this meal and share it with others.
3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
2 tbsp Smart Balance buttery spread, or butter
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup onions; coat onions with cooking spray. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
2. Add shrimp and chili powder; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Add lime juice, butter, and salt, and stir until butter melts. Add 2-4 tbsp water if a thinner sauce is desired. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onions and serve.
Adapted from Cooking Light.
Latest posts by mannaexpress (see all)
- Happy Easter! - April 20, 2019
- Pastor Is Accused Of Constantly Raping His Teenage Biological Daughter Over The Course Of Six Years - January 24, 2019
- 5 Ways To Fight The Legacy War - December 16, 2018