By Chef Marie
Units: US | Metric
Total Time:40 minutes
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 378.4
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 shallots, chopped fine
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry marsala
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 – Pound chicken breasts to even out thickness and lightly salt and pepper.
2 – In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 T melted butter until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
3 – Remove from pan and set aside.
4 – Melt remaining butter in pan and add shallots and mushrooms.
5 – Cook until mushrooms are lightly browned.
6 – Add Marsala and bring to a boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
7 – Add cream and lemon juice and return to a boil.
8 – Season with salt and pepper.
9 – Return chicken to pan for about 3 minutes to reheat and finish cooking.
10 – Serve with buttered fettucini.
Marie is the co-founder of Recipezaar. She is retired and lives in upstate New York.
Latest posts by Guest Writer (see all)
- Interesting facts about Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday - November 20, 2018
- 5 Keys for preventing overeating during the holidays - November 19, 2018
- How to stop struggling by entering your rest in Jesus Christ - November 19, 2018