By Watchman Nee
“First bind…then spoil…”
Briefly: “BINDING” THE ENEMY SIMPLY MEANS STOPPING HIM FROM ACTING, THEN DESTROYING HIS WORKS.
Prayer must, therefore, be
(2) constructive. Wield (1) the AUTHORITY of the NAME (Mark xvi. 17); (2) the BLOOD of the Lamb; and
(3) the TESTIMONY against Satan (Rev. xii. 11), that he is conquered and must withdraw.
God’s WORD must be stored in the heart. The WORD is the sword (Ephes. vi. 17), and we must become skilled to know which Scripture to use in meeting the particular assaults of the enemy, and in attacking his strongholds.
Joined to the Risen Lord we may bring into operation through prayer, the curse pronounced upon the serpent in Eden. “All on the ground of Calvary where Christ “flung off principalities and powers…triumphing over them” (Col. ii. 15).
There is the prayer of asking (John xiv. 13); interceding (Rom. viii. 26); saying (Matt. xxi. 21; Mark xi. 23-25).
Pray progressively as from the centre of a circle. Thus:
6, world-wide (church, and the world). All the time in each sphere against ALL the powers of darkness.
PRAY against Satan as: Liar (John viii. 44); Counterfeiter (2 Cor. xi. 14); Hinderer (1 Thes. ii. 18); Murderer (John viii. 44).
PRAY against (1) the plans of Satan, (2) the schemes of Satan and evil spirits, to prevent those in formation from materialising, and to destroy the effect of those in operation.
Stand, joined to the Risen Christ, and say: “I stand against all the wiles of the devil. I stand in every avenue of the enemy’s approach “known or unknown.” Then watch and what you do as an act of faith in bulk you will do in detail.
Pray against Satan holding the mind, affections, and will; and on the ground of Calvary, in the Spirit, claim the binding of the strong man; e.g., Pray: “I now claim that the strong man shall be bound on the ground of the precious BLOOD, and in the NAME of JESUS; I refuse all his plans, and may they all be destroyed.”
AUDIBLE prayer is often an effectual weapon to victory.
Preaching the word with AUTHORITY, in the power and demonstration of the Spirit, is also a mighty factor in the binding of the strong man and the spoiling of his goods withco-operative with prayer.
* There are degrees of victory. All prayer counts in the fight. To whatever measure these principles and methods are applied, according to the capacity of the believer, TO THAT DEGREE THERE WILL BE VICTORY.
Latest posts by mannaexpress (see all)
- Dr. Okanlami’s Testimony Of Disability Does Not Mean Inability - November 7, 2019
- Spiritual Warfare Prayers For Marriages - November 7, 2019
- 5 Ways to Love Yourself Better - October 26, 2019