By Mark Huddleston
There are different kinds of people you should avoid.
Pessimistic people defy all logic. These types of people are unaware in most cases of the negative impact they have on the people they associate with. Then there are others who are quite aware of the impact that they have on the people they associate with. The ones that are aware of what they are doing relish great pleasure at creating anarchy and disorder.
I understand that we all must learn to deal with all types of people at one time or another. When it comes to pessimistic people it will not be worth your time and energy to associate with them whatsoever. And believe me, pessimistic people will take up your time and suck all the energy out of you. People either fill you up or suck the life out of you. So, choose wisely!
Many studies have been conducted all over the world regarding the impact that pessimistic people have over other people they come in contact with. The results from all of the studies conducted resulted in the same conclusion. Pessimistic people cause others to experience high anxiety and stress. Whether it’s pessimism, malice, or plain madness, pessimistic people can and will drive you into a stressed-out state that should be avoided at all costs.
Other studies have shown that stress can have a lasting, negative impact on the brain. Exposure to even a few days of stress compromises the effectiveness the brain can process and function properly. Pessimistic people don’t just make you miserable, they can make you downright sick.
Keep in mind that your ability to manage your emotions and remain calm under pressure has a direct link to your performance. One of the greatest gifts that a person can possess would be the ability to identify pessimistic people right away and steer clear from them at a moment’s notice.
It is a known fact that you are the product of the five people you spend the most time with. It is crucial that you don’t allow a pessimistic person to infiltrate your ranks and destroy the close relationships you now have in place. For if you allow a pessimistic person to infiltrate your ranks you will soon find out just how capable they are at destroying your relationships and holding you back in life.
Here is a list of the different categories that pessimistic people fall under. It would be to your best interests to pay close attention to this list to avoid major problems in the future.
1. The Person of circumstance: These types of people are hard to identify due to you initially being empathetic to their situation. As time passes, you begin to realize that their time of need is continuous and never ending. People of circumstance actively push away responsibility or accountability for anything that happens to them. They don’t see tough times as opportunities to learn and grow from. Instead, they see themselves as a victim. The whole world is out to get them, and they always have an excuse for every negative thing that happens in their life. Here is an axiom I was brought up on: “Pain is inevitable, being miserable is a choice.” This axiom describes a pessimistic person to a tee. For a pessimistic person will always choose to be miserable every time.
2. The Erratic: Some people have absolutely no control over their emotions or actions. They find fault in everyone but them self. They are paranoid that everyone is spying on them and are conspiring to take them down and destroy them. In most cases they will project their paranoia onto you thinking you are the cause to their paranoia and malaise. In the end, erratic people will use you as their emotional toilet and should be avoided at all costs.
3. The Manipulator: These types of people take up all your time and suck all of your energy from you. They pretend to be your friend to get the upper hand on you. They can be tough to deal with due to them acting as if they are a genuine friend. They will tell you everything you want to hear as part of their hidden agenda to destroy you. They will do what is necessary to prep you for the kill. Never lose sight of a manipulators end-game. They always want something from you and if you look back on your relationship with them, you will notice that they are always on the receiving end of everything with little or no giving back whatsoever. They will do anything to win you over, so they can work you over.
4. The Disapproving: These types of people are quick to prejudge anyone and everyone that does not meet their approval. They have everyone figured out within seconds. 99.9% of the time their initial preconception of a person is incorrect. Instead of appreciating and learning from people who are different from them, disapproving people look down on others as if they are an unwanted disease.
5. The Conceited: These types of people think of themselves as a Godly figure. Conceit is usually a false wall put up to mask major insecurities of the conceited person. Conceited people usually make up lies about their abilities and accomplishments. There is usually no validity to any of their claims at all. Conceited people tend to be lower performers, very distasteful, and have more intellectual problems than the average person.
6. The Gossiper: These types of people find pleasure in other people’s calamities. Gossipers, get off on causing pain and misery of others. They have a gift of starting and spreading rumors about anyone and everyone they come in contact with, for no obvious reasons at all. There are too many positive things to talk about out there to be wasting your time on talking about the calamities of others. If you recognize this type of individual in time, it would be wise for you to avoid this type of person at all costs. These types of people destroy people’s lives and relationships and enjoy doing so. Always remember, that great minds discuss great ideas, average minds discuss mediocre ideas, and small minds discuss people.
7. The Resentful: This type of person always thinks that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. They think that anything good that happens to them is because of luck, never because of them deserving it. This is because they measure their prosperity against the world when they should be deriving their satisfaction from their merit. Spending too much time around resentful people is dangerous due to them teaching you to play down your own accomplishments and not celebrate them due to you earning them.
8. The Demented: These types of people are just plain evil. When they enter a room, the lights grow dim. People begin to recall their worst memories due to the evil presence occupying the room. Demented people are negative people. People who possess the ability to enter a room and instantly suck the like out of it. Dementors suck the life out of a room by imposing their negative will and pessimism upon everyone they come in contact with. They always see the glass half empty and find everyone else to be the cause of their problems no matter what those problems may be.
Now you have been armed with the necessary information to help you spot a pessimistic person a mile away. Make no mistake about it, a pessimistic person’s actions and conduct go against all reason. Once you spot them, you will want to stay as far away from them as possible. You will not want to get sucked into their trap and mentally trampled. Don’t forget! You don’t need to respond to a pessimistic person’s emotional anarchy.
Maintaining an emotional detachment from a pessimistic person requires alertness. You can’t stop someone from pushing your buttons if you don’t realize they’re being pushed. Most people feel that they don’t have any control over a pessimistic person advances. This would be the furthest thing from the truth. Once you have identified a pessimistic person, you will begin to find their behavior more predictable and easier to comprehend. At this time, you will know when to leave before the pessimistic person can plant their flag and get rooted. A good trick I use is just distance myself from them or just ignore them completely. Never forget, it takes two people to have a conversation.