By Michael Edwards
Lies, negative thoughts, fear, and worry, are Satan’s goal in the battle for our minds. If your mind is constantly churning with fear and worry, and your nights are restless, he is winning the battle for your mind.
There is only one thing that allows him to win. One thing that he encourages in every believer that gives him control in their minds.
Doubting God’s word.
Satan desires to keep us double-minded between faith and doubt, unable to receive anything from the Lord.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:5-8 ESV
Stop Doubting God – Just believe
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:7-8 ESV
The Greek word used for submit means: Definition: I place under, subject to; mid, pass: I submit, put myself into subjection.
To submit ourselves to God means to listen to and believe God, even if what we see in our flesh in the mirror, appears contrary to God’s word. This is faith in God’s word. This is how we walk by the spirit and not the flesh. This is how we walk from faith to faith as God desires. This is how we win the battle for our minds.
God’s word is the truth. It is the truth that sets us free.
1) Believe that you are saved
Believe the truth – Jesus did not come to partially save us and then watch to see if we can qualify to get into heaven. Jesus finished the work completely, and God has qualified those who trust in Christ.
Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. Col 1:12 ESV
And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Cor 3:6 BSB
2) Believe that Satan has been defeated and disarmed.
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. Col 2:13-15 ESV
You must accept the truth that Satan’s only weapon was God’s law. Everything that is created for a good purpose can be used for the wrong purpose.
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 1 Cor 15:56 ESV
Satan is like a poker player that is bluffing. He has no good cards but wants us to think he does. The only thing he can do is to lie and deceive to create doubt in God’s word. If you doubt God’s word in the areas I am listing, you are rearming Satan in your thoughts and mind and losing the battle for your mind.
3) Believe that God removed Satan’s ability to legally accuse us of sin when he placed us under grace. If you are under grace, you are not under the law where Sin has dominion.
For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. Rom 6:14 ESV
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. Rom 11:6 ESV
4) Believe the truth that Satan cannot use the law against a person who is no longer under the law unless they doubt God’s word and believe they are under grace and law.
Believe where there is no law, sin is not imputed.
For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression. Rom 4:15 ESV
5) Believe God is not counting our sins.
for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Rom 5:13 ESV
then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” Heb 10:17 ESV
6) Believe the truth that those who trust in Jesus are instantly made righteous with God by the shed blood of Jesus. His imputed righteousness is the only righteousness that is needed to be saved.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matt 6:33 ESV
For as by the one man’s (Adam) disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s (Jesus) obedience the many will be made righteous. Rom 5:19 ESV
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor 5:21 KJV
7) Believe Jesus shed His blood for the New Covenant of grace and truth that replaced the Old Covenant of law Moses brought.
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. Heb 8:12-13 ESV
8) Believe that the truth sets us free and open your eyes and see from scripture that truth is on the side of Jesus and grace in the New Covenant.
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17 ESV
9) Study His righteousness and the New Covenant exclusively for one year and see the difference in your life.
Do not mix the Old Covenant with the New Covenant and dilute the New. The New starts after the cross of Jesus. He ratified the New with His shed blood. Build a firm foundation in the New Covenant, the only one that applies to Christians and then you will understand how to read the Old Covenant.
Michael Edwards is committed to seeking and saving the lost on a daily basis. Committed to helping Christian Writers grow on FaithWriters. I have spent years witnessing directly to unbelievers.
- The Power In The Name Of Jesus Does Wonders - October 23, 2020
- After You Have Done Everything, Pray And Sit Back - October 23, 2020
- Interventions for Domestic Violence For Friends In Need - October 23, 2020